Home Decorating Tips
8 Paint Colors for a Cozy & Warm Living Room
8 Paint Colors for a Cozy & Warm Living Room
Posted on October 18, 2021
Whether you’re watching the latest shows or movies, breaking a sweat, working to meet your deadlines, or just bonding with family and friends, your living room is one of the spots in your home that tend to feel alive and active. The great thing is, you can make your living room feel more cozy and bright with a paint color that sets the mood!
Plus, now that the holidays draw closer, you may want to consider giving your living room a fresh coat of paint to welcome the festive season. No matter how you spend the holidays this year, you can still make the days feel brighter with a little living room upgrade.
So, give that space a little makeover today! Check out warm and neutral paint colors for cozy living rooms and see the difference they can make!
Ideal Neutral Colors for Your Living Rooms
If you’re going for a neutral vibe, these colors will make your living rooms feel more relaxing:
- White or off-white: There’s a reason why this has been such a popular shade for living rooms all these years. White or off-white walls offer a classic look, deliver a serene and calm feel, and make your living room cozy, bright, and spacious. If you add warm lighting fixtures into the mix, the resulting space can evoke warmth.
White living rooms pair well with the decor of various styles and aesthetics, especially brass or gold decor. You’ll definitely be happy with the luxurious vibe these can deliver to the overall space. Moreover, white walls are also a popular choice for homeowners who are unsure at first about the final look they want for their homes. If you’re a new homeowner, start with white walls for your living room and build on from there.
- Grey: Despite its reputation as a quite gloomy color, painting your living room walls with a shade of grey can open up the space and make it seem more elegant and modern. Grey walls will really work if you have silver, chrome, and black iron decor too. When choosing the shade for you, remember that light grey walls deliver some sort of feminine charm to the space. However, if you want the perfect neutral, try dark grey walls.
- Blue: You won’t feel blue (no pun intended) when you choose this color for your living room walls. Blue living room walls, whether in soft light shades and daring dark hues, do double-duty and make the space eye-catching enough while also exuding an elegant, calm, and bright ambiance.
While there are no right or wrong choices when choosing a neutral paint color, be mindful of the effects that some colors can have on the overall space and factor in how much natural light you’re exposed to. If there’s little to no natural light in your living room, you may want to go for lighter neutral shades and avoid darker neutral colors as it can make the space feel smaller.
Your Best Bets: Warm Paint Colors for Living Rooms
Want to add a pop of color (and some good vibes) to your living room? Warm colors deliver energy and playfulness into your space and make them more inviting and cozy. These colors may do the trick:
- Yellow: In particular, mustard yellow adds some glow to your space, and highlights wooden furniture or decor you may already have. It’s a definite mood-booster, especially after a tiring day! More than that, it can make your living room feel welcoming and look “bigger” by providing an illusion of space.
- Green: Since green tends to remind people of nature, it’s a relaxing, calm, and serene color you’d want to consider. It’s also a great choice if you want to promote creativity in your space, and if your living room already has furniture that comes in browns and other neutral shades. One particular color to try is olive green, especially if you’re ready to take the plunge and want a stronger hue.
- Red: If you’re not shy and want to make a statement, go for a bold and fiery red as your main living room color. It can help energize your living room.
- Orange: This color is another good choice if you want warmth and vibrancy in your living room. Good choices include tangerine, pumpkin, and blood orange.
- Muted pink: Add a feminine touch to your room with a faded and muted pink living room. It’s actually a versatile color that pairs well with orange, green, cream, or even black.
Make the holidays even more memorable, even if you’re staying at home. Add some warmth and brightness to your home with a new paint color for your living room. Itching to get started? With Island Premium Paints, you definitely can.
Because it’s the first local paint with a Product Satisfaction Guarantee, you’ll be able to find the right shade that’ll be perfect for your living room. If you need more home decoration inspiration, check out the Island Premium Paints website today for more warm and neutral living room ideas!
Our line of high quality paints and products will give your home or project the vibrancy it needs.
Ready to explore colorful possibiliies today? View our popular paint colo combination palettes for great color schemes and room design ideas for interior and exteriors.
Where to Buy
Get high-quality colors and finishes for your project from authorized Island paints dealers.